Latest report from the World Gold Council. Full report can be downloaded here
Highlights from the report:
Global Gold Market: Second quarter 2013 review
Published on Aug 14, 2013
Gold demand statistics:
- Jewellery: Multi-year high in the jewellery sector as lower prices generated a surge in demand from consumers.
- Investment: Record demand for gold bars and coins was countered by sizeable net outflows from ETFs, resulting in a year-on-year decline in overall investment demand relative to Q2 2012.
- Technology: Technology sector saw marginal growth, the 1% year-on-year increase the first in two years.
- Central Banks: Central banks demand slowed in Q2 2013 from record quarter in year previous, marking tenth consecutive quarter of purchases.
- Supply: Total gold supply shrunk 6% from Q2 2012, almost solely due to the reduction in recycling
Latest statistics on gold’s global supply and demand. View Q2 2013 Gold statistics.
David Lamb, Managing Director Jewellery, talks through the findings from the Q2 2013 Gold Demand Trends report.